Huntersbest Retriever Training
- Retriever Training Centre open to all retriever breeds.
- Over 30 years of training experience.
- Maximum 6 dogs at a time, allowing for individual attention and multiple daily set-ups.
- Each dog’s training program is adapted to the individual needs/personalities of that dog. Stressing obedience/fundamentals, confidence building, experience, consistency and team building.
- Multiple exposures to the drills and set-ups needed to advance the dog through the program while enhancing the dog’s natural abilities.
Gun Dog Program:
Geared towards the hunting enthusiast who wants a well trained hunting companion.
- Multiple land and water marks.
- Steadiness, honouring.
- Hold/force fetch.
- Exposure to birds / waterfowl and upland situations.
- Basic handling.
- Collar Conditioning.
- Introduction to hunting blinds, layout blinds and boats.
- Exposure to hunting situations at realistic hunting distances.
Hunt Tests & Field Trial Program:
Training program geared towards the Hunt Test / Field Trial Competitors.
- Training and experience individually tailored to each dog, aimed at advancing the dogs through the Junior Hunter, Senior Hunter, Master Hunter, and Grand Master Hunter levels, as well as Junior and Qualifying Field Trial levels in preparation for All Age Competition.
- Nova Scotia Kennel is located on 70 acres of training grounds with multiple ponds, including swim by pond.
- Indoor/outdoor heated kennel runs — All runs are covered for protection from the elements and rubber matting or kennel deck cover the floors.
- Multiple fenced exercise yards.
- Use of an additional 250 acres of training grounds with 25 plus acres of multiple ponds.
- Alabama Kennel is located on 26 acres with covered runs and a large exercise area. Access to multiple large tracts of land and water geared towards retriever training.
For photos and additional information, see the Facilities section.
- Available to compete from mid May until the end of October each year in multiple Working Certificate, Hunt Test and Field Trials in Quebec, the Maritime provinces, and Ontario.
- Winter training in Alabama yearly from early January to early April.
Fees and Services:
- Non Huntersbest sold dogs: $25/day or $750. per month.
- Huntersbest sold dogs: $21.75/day or $650. per month.
- Two week minimum training period required.
Price includes the following:
- Individual training plan and training.
- Boarding, exercise and care.
- Training birds.
- Premium Eukanuba dog food.
For further details, please contact us.